Protecting Your Privacy
Tech Junction is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy.
Set out below is information that Tech Junction is required to communicate to its customers. Tech Junction recommends that you keep this information for future reference.
Your personal information
Personal information held by Tech Junction may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver’s licence number and your Tech Junction PIN, username or password. Tech Junction also holds details of your Tech Junction services (including their status).
If you choose not to provide certain personal information, Tech Junction may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which Tech Junction prides itself.
Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to Tech Junction (e.g. about your authorized representatives). If so, Tech Junction relies on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to Tech Junction and to advise them that Tech Junction can be contacted for further information (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
How we collect personal information
Tech Junction collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in application forms, or when you submit your personal details through Tech Junction ’s websites (e.g. during www.techjunctionplace.in registration or trial services);
- from third parties such as Tech Junction ’s related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- in response to a survey, contest or sweepstakes;
- from the organisations identified below under ‘When Tech Junction discloses your personal information’;
- from Tech Junction ’s own records of how you use your Tech Junction services; or when legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to Tech Junction ’s current services;
- offer you and provide additional Tech Junction or related services;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop Tech Junction ’s services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for Tech Junction to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop Tech Junction’s business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that Tech Junction can promote and market its services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, SMS and MMS messages). Tech Junction does this to keep you informed of its products, services and special offers. If you do not wish Tech Junction to promote and market its products, services and special offers to you, please call +91 8107907951, +91 8560981861.
In relation to marketing and promotional material sent via email, Tech Junction will send such material to you unless you indicate you wish to opt-out by selecting this option in the email.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, Tech Junction may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Tech Junction . Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Tech Junction providing its services to you. These organisations may carry out Tech Junction’s:
- customer inquiries;
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- marketing and telemarketing services;
- market research; and
- web site usage analysis.
Tech Junction takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, Tech Junction may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorized representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- Tech Junction’s related companies;
- Tech Junction’s professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- other information technology service providers (for example, if you obtain services from other providers, Tech Junction may need to disclose your personal information for billing purposes); and
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorized by law.
Tech Junction ’s web sites
Tech Junction provides products and services via its various web sites. When you visit Tech Junction’s sites, its web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists Tech Junction to improve the structure of its web sites and monitor their performance.
Tech Junction may use ‘cookies’ on various web sites. Cookies are an industry standard and most major web sites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our web sites may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for Tech Junction’s web sites to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of Tech Junction’s web sites.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. Tech Junction extends the same privacy protection to your personal information whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our web sites or take advantage of the improved web site experience that cookies offer.
Tech Junction also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. Tech Junction collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Tech Junction takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why Tech Junction recommends that you:
- let Tech Junction know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep Tech Junction up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address.
If you are a subscriber to one of Tech Junction’s online products or services, you may change your personal details by contacting Tech Junction on +91 8107907951 or +91 8560981861.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, you will need to put your request in writing for security reasons, and either send it by mail to Tech Junction, 15-D, 15 Sector, Behind vijay Garden, Chopasni Housing Board, Jodhpur Rajasthan,INDIA by facsimile to +91 810 790 7951 or +91 856 098 1861 or by email to email@example.com.
Tech Junction reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact Tech Junction on +91 8107907951 between 9.00am and 8.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please note that this number is not for general service enquiries. Alternatively, you can write to our Founder, Tech Junction by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may obtain further information on privacy matters by visiting Tech Junction ’s web site at www.techjunctionplace.in
Tech Juction Privacy Statement January 2010.